ACTIVITIES NEWS BLAST
OCTOBER 21, 2022
If your Happy and you know it…Do the HAPPY FRIDAY dance
Art Barn — Located in SD2
- Tim will be there on Mondays 1 – 3:30
- Jane on Wed 9 – 12 P.M.
- Cheri on Thu 9:00 – 3:00 P.M.
- Mandala Dot—Pam’s designated day in the Art Barn will be Fridays for Mandala Dot. she will be offering a number of beginner classes as well as intermediate/advanced beginner classes. She will be working with Activities and all class descriptions and sign up sheets will be posted there.
Lapidary—Will not be open until after Nov 10th/11th.
Gambling Room—Is sporting card games, wood carving and dominoes
- Hold’em Poker 4:15 Sun-
- Dominoes 7:00 p.m. Sun & Thu
- Mah Jong 10 a.m. Mon and 1 –3:30 W & Sat
- Hand Foot & Toe 6:30 p.m. Mon., 9 a.m. TH., and 6:30 p.m. Sat
- Woodcarving 9 a.m. Tue. All skill levels are invited to join them and try their hand at a beginner project. They have several talented people willing to help you get started.
- Samba 6:30 Wed and 1:00 p.m. Fri
- Pegs & Jokers – 7 p.m.
Gourd Room, Ceramics, Sewing Room and Stained Glass: Are open with limited hours Ceramics on M-W-F Stained Glass – Is open on Tuesday from 9 – 12 p.m. and the Sewing Room is open M-T-W. The coordinators are looking for Room Monitors, are you interested in helping them get these rooms open full-time?
Computer Room: Open in the mornings at 9:00 a.m.
Ranch House: Drive-in Movie night tonight with StoneWall and MaggieMae. BYOB, chairs or golf cart and enjoy the AZ sunset and a Tribute to Loretta Lynn at 5:30.
Ranch house —Card Making has their first class on Friday Oct 28th, Join Susie and make beautiful fall themed cards.
Poker-– Dealers Choice Poker game kicked off in the Hangout Room last night, Texas Hold’em plays on Sun at 6 p.m.
Sundance Solos – celebrated with a Halloween party yesterday, costumes and all. Join them the first Thursday of the month in the Hangout Room at 1:00 p.m.
Join these ladies for fun and fellowship. The Needle crafts have all begun for the season. Meeting in the Hangout Room Cactus Needles is Mondays at 10, Crafty Ladies Mondays and Fridays at 1 and Hardanger Tuesdays at 1. Stop in to find out what they’re all about or watch for more information in the November Smoke Signal.
Volley Ball — It’s your serve, Pass the ball, Set the ball, Rotate, Line Shot, Kill Ball — Find out what these terms mean in Volley Ball. Join them at Pool2 on M-W-F from 1 to 3 p.m.
Corn Hole starts Sunday in the Hole in the Wall at 1 o’clock, followed that evening by BUNCO starting at 6:45 p.m.
Shuffleboard starts Monday at 9 a.m.
Need some exercise? Join WALK EXCERCISE M-W-F at 9 a.m. in the Hole in the Wall, don’t forget the pool activities starting at POOL1 with Aquasize at 7 a.m., followed by Water Aerobics at 9 o’clock. Or swim laps at POOL2 starting at 7 a.m. followed by Water Walking at 9 o’clock.
Neighborhood Watch — Who’s your Neighborhood Watch Captain?
- June O’Donnell – Lots 1-59 – Dianne Starr
- George and Sue Hickman – Lots 578 – 633: Lots 658 – 687; Lots 653-657 – Newman, Redford
- Carolyn Casinger – Lots 235 – 257; Lots 202-212; Margaret Belle, Billy the Kid
- Jenny Miller – Lots 522- 577; Lots 481 – 516; Lots 688- 700; lots 647-652; Gaby, Sundance, Newman, Adam
- Bruce and Monnie Smith – Lots 100-149; Redford, Newman
- Coleen Warden – Lots 276 -270; Lots 301 -305; Lots 337- 346; Lots 389- 406; Lots 441 – 458; Lots 263-269 Nevada, Autry, Cooper, Maverick, Tonto
- Alice Neuok – Lots 277 – 280; Lots 296- 300; Lots 309-313; Lots 329-336 Lots 355-362; Lots 381-388; Lots 407-414; Lots 433-44 Lots 459-466; Nevada, Autry, Cooper, Maverick, Tonto
- George and Peggy Jueckstock– Lots 167- 188; Lots 113-234; Lots 258-262 Lots 705-711; Lots 167- 188; Lots 150 – 166 Lots 189- 201; Sundance, Gaby, Newman, Billy the Kid, George West
- Carol Grabowski – Lots 281 – 295; Lots 314 – 328; Lots 363- 380, Lots 415- 432 Lots 467 -480; Lots 517-521; Lots 634-645; Adam Way, Nevada, Autry, Cooper, Maverick, Tonto, Gaby
- George Brewton- Lots 10-21; Lots 25-53; Lots 95-106; Smokey, Trigger, Thunder Dynamite, Cody, West End of Paladin and Pecos Bill
- Deb Yelton- Lots 1-9; Lots 54- 94; Cody, Durango Kid, Apache, Hickok, Calamity Jane, East End of Paladin and Pecos Bill
- Ben Morris – Lots 801-842 (No Street Names)
The first Country Store will be FRIDAY NOV 4th, and the first PATIO SALES will be held on Dec 10th.
The laundry room is now sporting a large commercial washer for those comforters you have for $3.50/load. The regular washers and dryers have had a price increase to $2.00/load. Don’t have enough change—don’t worry the laundry now has a change machine.
There is so much going on, I may have missed something, please check with Activities if you don’t see your favorite Activity listed and/or time and dates don’t jive.
The News Blast will now be published on Fridays only, if you have something you want posted please let Activities know.
ARE YOU DOING THE FRIDAY HAPPY DANCE YET??
Have a safe and happy week….